Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I've been tagged!

What a great game this was as a kid! And as I sit here writing this, I can't believe that I'm playing a virtual game of tag as an adult. Here's the way this version goes:

Here are the rules since I'm tagging you now! :) Each player starts with seven random facts or habits about himself or herself. A tagged player then writes a blog entry with the seven things, as well as these rules. Then the player tags seven others and lists their names on his or her blog. Remember to leave a comment for your newly tagged players, letting them know they have been tagged and to read your blog!

7 random facts about me:

1. I spent 3 weeks in France when I was 10 on an exchange program that was organized through my school district. All American students were matched based on likes/dislikes, hobbies, etc. with a French student and we stayed with the student and his/her family for the 3 weeks. The following month, the French students came to stay with our families for 3 weeks. There were an odd number of girls and boys and I ended up getting matched with a boy. Staying in an unfamiliar home where the family one spoke limited English was the longest 3 weeks of my life (in the eye's of a 10 year old) but our friendship and our families' friendship is now in its 18th year. We have both visited each other a number of times since our first meeting and I hope to visit again next summer.

2. I would like to start a home delivery/catering baked goods business some day. I'll have to wait until I'm finished having kids to get a better look at our financial situation, but this is really something I'd like to do.

3. I've got 4 brothers - 1 full (younger) and 3 older half brothers. Yes, that's right, I'm my dad's only daughter out of 5 kids!

4. If I could live anywhere in the US, it would be Maine. If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be Paris.

5. I saved a girl's life who was drowning when I was 11. We were on a Girl Scout trip (13 years in GS!) to a dude ranch and she didn't realize she couldn't swim. She jumped in and started flailing and bobbing under. I dragged her to the side where the lifeguard pulled her out of the pool.

6. I met 11 girls through the wedding website, The Knot, and we've all become great friends through [initially] gmail and we get together on a fairly regular basis. Three of them are expecting their first baby and we're in the process of planning our first baby shower for 2 of them. So exciting!

7. I have been friends with my best friend since we were 12 (7th grade) - that's almost 17 years now! She lives in northern Vermont and is looking to start-up a cake decorating business - can you see why we're such good friends? ;)

OK, tag! I am now tagging you - Mary Ellen, Me Likey Food (Jane), Two Novice Chefs One Tiny Kitchen (Julie), Delilah's Corner (mrssisler), Ashleigh's Edibles, Amber's Delectible Delights (Krashed) and Creative Country Cookin' (Erin) :) Have fun ladies!!

1 comment:

Gillian said...

France is one of my favourite places, too! I love Paris but I've only spent a day there :( Will have to find an excuse to go back! I really love the French countryside on the West coast - Brittany is so beautiful. I have a friend who grew up in Nice so I'd love to visit the south of France sometime, too.