ps - I didn't make the ketchup because for the life of me, I couldn't find the chipotles in the grocery store.
On a lighter note, I paired the burgers with some awesome Mexican roasted potatoes that I'm really proud to say is my own recipe. That recipe follows the burger recipe but note that all the amounts are estimates.
Cilantro Turkey Burgers with Chipotle Ketchup
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Cooking spray
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 (2 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/3-inch-thick patty.
- Heat a large grill pan or large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add turkey patties, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove 1 chile and 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from can. Reserve remaining chiles and sauce for another use. Mince the chile. Combine chile, adobo sauce, and ketchup.
- Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun; top each patty with 1 tablespoon chipotle ketchup and 1 lettuce leaf. Cover with top halves of buns.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
CALORIES 406(30% from fat); FAT 13.6g (sat 4.3g,mono 4g,poly 3.7g); PROTEIN 26.6g; CHOLESTEROL 73mg; CALCIUM 229mg; SODIUM 977mg; FIBER 1.5g; IRON 4.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 44.5g
Cooking Light, APRIL 2002
Mexican Roasted Potatoes
- 1 lb redskin potatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. In a 7x11 inch or 9x13 inch oven-safe dish, combine all ingredients except the cilantro, making sure that the potatoes are well-coated with the spices.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes (or until fork-tender), flipping the potatoes once during cooking.
- Toss with cilantro before serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes